20 September 2012 by Web Bureau
Staff at The Web Bureau recently had the opportunity to meet one of the world’s leading Search Engine Optimisation experts.
Rand Fishkin is the CEO of global SEO software company SEOmoz, who recently took on investment of $18 million. A prolific blogger on topics such as SEO, start-ups and entrepreneurship, Rand, from Seattle, spoke openly about his approach to business at an event held in Belfast on Tuesday evening (18th Sept).
Rand’s fascinated audience were briefed on how the SEOmoz’s mission statement – TAGFEE- is a clear declaration of the company’s organisational cultures and core values.
TAGFEE stands for Transparent, Authentic, Generous, Fun, Empathetic and Exceptional.
Rand advises that within each of these points are key questions that should be asked by every business:
- Am I being as open/honest as possible without causing harm? Am I accurately representing my opinions and values?
- Am I being as helpful as I can? Am I giving back to the community?
- Are we celebrating our strengths? Are we having fun yet?
- Am I being respectful to the thoughts and feelings of others? Can I proudly stand behind my work and my statements?
- Is it the best it can be? Is it uniquely better than anything else out there?
Denise Cowan, Digital Marketing Manager at The Web Bureau said:
“It was great to hear from Rand who has been one of the world’s leading SEO experts over the last 10 years and has built SEOmoz into a hugely successful company.
“As one of the principal search engine optimisation providers in Northern Ireland, it was fantastic to hear from an industry insider.
“TAGFEE is a great business model and marketing strategy to stand by and I’m sure the rest of the local digital marketing community was just inspired as I was by Rand’s pioneering SEO expertise.”
The team at The Web Bureau would like to extend their thanks to both Barry Adams of Pierce Communications and Kevin McCaffrey of Conversion Rate Services for organising the event.
Photo: Left to Right, Denise Cowan (Digital Marketing Manager), Rand Fishkin & Lisa Kelland (Digital Marketing Assistant)